Beet Cake With Ganache Glaze
Beet Cake is moist and soft cake with all the goodness of beets minus the flavour and colour. Beet cake pairs very well with Ganache glaze.
This recipe contains , xxxx, flour (all-purpose), eggs, yogurt, sugar (brown), butter, sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, salt, xxxxx, chocolate (dark), cream
- 1 3/4 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) yogurt
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup(s) butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 100 g. dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp. low fat cream
- 1. Cake
- 2. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- 3. Grease and line an 8 inch round cake tin.
- 4. Beat together butter, brown sugar and sugar till light and fluffy.
- 5. Add eggs one at a time beating well each time.
- 6. Add vanilla extract.
- 7. Sieve together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 8. Beat yogurt till smooth.
- 9. If yogurt is very thick, add 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- 10. Add flour mixture to butter-egg mixture in two shifts.
- 11. Add curd while mixing.
- 12. Mix well and ensure there are no lumps.
- 13. Bake for 35-40 minutes till the top turns golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 14. While the cake cools, prepare ganache.
- 15. Ganache
- 16. Heat the chocolate and cream in a very heavy bottom pan on low flame. Stir constantly till the chocolate melts.
- 17. Take off the heat and stir briskly till it becomes smooth and shiny. It will thicken as it cools.
- 18. Pour Ganache evenly on cake.