Embrace the earth's natural rhythms and stock up on in-season vegetables. It's a win-win – seasonal produce is supplied in high quantities, which lowers the market price and saves you money. Zucchini, bell peppers, carrots and sweet potatoes are just some of the delicious foods that are best in the fall. Slice them, dice them and pair them with your favourite pasta dishes.
This recipe contains pasta (penne), olive oil, squash (butternut), leeks, fennel bulb, tomatoes (grape), pistachios, salt, pepper
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 oz. box Penne
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup(s) butternut squash, small diced
- 1 leek cut in thin rounds
- 1/2 fennel bulb sliced thin
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. toasted pistachios, chopped
- 1. Season the butternut squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 425° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, sauté leeks in remaining oil until they turn golden.
- 2. Add fennel and grape tomatoes and cook over high heat for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, stir in roasted butternut squash.
- 3. Cook pasta according to the package instructions, but drain 2 minutes early, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water.
- 4. Toss pasta for 2 minutes with veggie sauce and cooking water. Remove from heat and top with pistachios.