Rigatoni with Barbeque Ribs & Grilled Asparagus
Holiday meals, while a joy to eat, are often time-consuming. This season, enlist the help of the whole family for this pasta dish and see how quickly time will fly when everyone's having fun.
This recipe contains pasta (penne), chicken broth, potatoes, olive oil, tomatoes, pork ribs, barbecue sauce, asparagus, cheese (parmesan)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 4 hr
- 1/2 box Rigatoni
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup(s) prepared mashed potatoes
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes
- 1 lb. slab barbecued ribs, bone off, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. barbecue sauce
- 1 lb. bunch asparagus, grilled
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Parmigiano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- 2. Season Ribs with your favorite marinade.
- 3. Barbecue ribs on top rack of grill on low heat for an hour with the lid closed. Then brush barbecue sauce on and grill an additional 5 minutes.
Bake ribs in oven on 300 degrees for 2.5-3 hrs. (for best results cook ribs on a tin foil cookie sheet elevated on a metal rack)
- 4. Thin out potatoes by adding them to ½ cup of broth in a bowl. Pre-heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- 5. Blister the grape tomatoes in the skillet over high heat for 2 minutes. Add rib meat and sauté for 2 minutes
- 6. Stir in barbecue sauce, grilled asparagus, and remaining broth. Drain pasta and toss with rib mixture.
- 7. Serve on a bed of hot mashed potatoes, and top with the shredded cheese.