Barbecued Beer Can Chicken
This is incredibly moist chicken, seasoned, cooked over a can of beer on the barbecue.
This recipe contains , beer (can), chicken (whole), onions, thyme (dried), paprika (smoked), garlic powder, sage (ground), salt (kosher), black pepper,
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 1 can(s) 12oz. beer
- 1 chicken
- 1 tsp. onions
- 1 - 2 tsp. thyme
- 1 - 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 - 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 - 2 tsp. sage
- 1 - 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 - 2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1. coat chicken with olive oil, then rub 1/2 of spice mixture over chicken, sprinkle inside of chicken as well.
- 2. Drink 1/2 of the can of beer, then pour in remaining half of spices into can of beer.
- 3. Stuff cut up onion into chicken cavity.
- 4. Push chicken butt onto beer can, place on foil lined old cookie sheet and put into preheated barbecue
- 5. Cook medium heat for about an hour and temperature of 185 degrees reached.